Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Zdzislaw Beksinski murdered!

Dig: one of the many things I do that keeps me far too glued to my computer is check up the Wikipedia Recent Deaths page, about three times a day. All the death as it happens! (What if someone whose art I care about dies and I don't know it?). I just discovered that a Polish artist, Zdzislaw Beksinski, of whom I'd never heard before, was murdered... I don't have the details yet, but check out this guy's art! (There are other sites out there but his murder has exceeded their bandwidth, it seems). It's actually kinda funky stuff, in a Dali-meets-Giger-and-they-play-Silent-Hill-together kinda way. Well, perhaps it's a bit more landscape-oriented than that. I've chosen Untitled Po230as my current desktop, replacing that quirky Eugene Chadbourne pic that was up for the longest time.

Oh, and the guitarist for Korn has found religion and left the band. I like him far better for it.

Leave the computer, Al, now.

No comments: