Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chris Walter article in the Georgia Straight, plus New Creation, Rich Hope

Chris Walter reads at the Cobalt, by Femke van Delft

Hm! This week's Georgia Straight is just chock-full o' content by me: an article on Chris Walter plus a Music Note on the New Creation (which details the surprising results of the auction that I let people know about here. I personally crapped out of bidding for that album around the $300 mark, by the way). Right now, tho', I want to read what Sir Adrian Mack has to say about Bruce Springsteen...
Speakin' of whom: fans of Mack or of country music are further advised that there's a Two-Step Thursdays at the Railway coming up on the 26th, with Rich Hope and his Blue Rich Rangers (w/Mack on drums); nevermind the badass bar-band blues boogie of the Evil Doers, this is the project o' Rich's (IMHO, o' course) that gets at the meat, the bleedin' heart and soul of things - the heartbreak and alcohol and struggles with love and life: if it ain't therapeutic, then you ain't been around long enough to need it.

2 comments:

modernlover said...

I liked yer Straight piece esp. you asking about writing also being addicting.

Allan MacInnis said...

Thanks!

Based on his answer, I'd say *I* actually have a bigger "problem" with the addictive qualities of writing than Chris Walter does - I binge for a week or a month or so, do a ton of articles, starting one as soon as the last is over, and eventually exhaust myself... whereupon I crash into despondency for a few months while I gather the stamina to get back on the horse (so to speak). It sounds like Chris paces himself quite well - and it seems to obviously be working for him, given his amazing productivity...