Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weird Stress Nightmares

Unable to get a proper sleep. I've been trying to put to bed this big Lemmy thing I'm working on and end up waking up twice - once to pee, and once because I'm having nightmares. I'm at a hospital and this psychotic blonde woman - I think she was supposed to be Cameron Diaz, but gone completely insane - wants to kill me. I had hugged her and praised her before I knew how dangerous she was; when I found out, I backed off and now, like a self-fulfilling prophecy, she's wrathfully, indignantly stalking me - how dare I treat her like she's crazy! - and has attacked me a couple of times, her face a mask of hate and violence, more demon than human. Meanwhile, I'm hanging out with Lemmy at the hospital (whom I've never actually met) and waiting for a surprise guest - because I've arranged with Nomeanswhatever webmaster John Chedsey to have Rob Wright of Nomeansno come over and sign the sole surviving copy of a printed booklet I made of my big interview with Rob. (And maybe I could get Lemmy to sign my paperback of White Line Fever, which I will then give to Rob, thus facilitating an exchange of goodwill between bassists). I'm fretting about setting this up, waitin' for Rob, while looking over my shoulder for the killer blonde...

I have to be up for work in about an hour. I'm fried. I doubt I've had all of four hours of broken sleep...

No comments: