Friday, April 19, 2013

More dreams of the zombie apocalypse

I haven't been watching that many zombie movies lately, honestly. Last night's zombie apocalypse dream must be a metaphor for my life in the suburbs (unlike, say, the last one).

In the dream, I'm a smart, resourceful guy - maybe a scientist - who is with a group of people who are seeking refuge during the zombie apocalypse, which has just gotten underway. There's a system of tunnels of some sort with food and cultural resources and accommodations - not sure exactly what they're supposed to be, but they're perfect for people seeking refuge from zombies (fast zombies, too, as I recall; consciously and aesthetically, I take my zombies slow, but they're pretty darn speedy when I sleep). Somehow everyone in my group screws up or gets separated and eaten and by the end of the dream, I'm left alone in my fortified, zombie-free tunnels. That's it; the dream ends on me waiting for people to show up, settling in to entertain myself for a very, very long time.

No comments: