Monday, July 01, 2013

Two weekends of free music in Maple Ridge!

Hey, blogfollowers: don't know if any of you are looking for free entertainment this summer but Adstock is upon us, our punk/ metal/ alternative music fest, happening July 7th. I've been wanting an excuse to get out to see Alxs Ness sing with Abriosis, and am delighted to learn that she'll be coming to me! Ninjaspy, Damn The Eyes, and the Bone Daddies also play, and three bands I don't know, like the Easy Brothers, Within The Hours, and Mountain Man. The next weekend it's the Caribbean fest, July 13th and 14th, which is, in fact, even cooler than Adstock, drawing huge crowds to the centre of town. Local ska favourites Los Furios headline on Saturday, while Toronto reggae musician Steele headlines Sunday, but there's music all day both days, as well as a vibrant market, tasty food, and a warm, happy vibe. There's a specific type of all-purpose Caribbean spice I buy every year at this - one container lasts me until the next year, but it's tasty as heck (and great with eggs). Both events are right in the centre of town in the WWI Memorial park on 224th. Say hi if you see me!

No comments: