Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I love Erika

Just wanted to share some photos. It's looking like, between this Saturday, which will be my first visit to the medical oncologist, and my first surgery - the first step in my treatment - a few weeks will pass. If we're going to speed the marriage ahead - a smaller ceremony, while I still fill out my suit! - it might be happening near the end of March, I guess. Remains to be seen (it will be on Vancouver Island, not here). She's rejigging her life and cancelling plans and so forth (though we are still holding some hope that May 20th will still be doable - we haven't cancelled ALL our plans yet; who knows, maybe the news this Saturday will be positive, that this is quickly and easily treated?).

I can't write that much, right now - I gotta get to a doctor's appointment, and I don't want to get myself crying or anything - but I just wanted to say I love this woman lots, and I'm very lucky, and grateful to have her in my life. I tend to dwell a bit on the dark side, but her positivity, creativity and loving nature are going to help me a LOT, I expect, to get through this. We've had some wonderful moments together (and we're really cute together!). The first one is the oldest, at Adstock Maple Ridge a few years ago, because I still have my moustache...























1 comment:

Pete said...

You said it friend-o:you are a very lucky man to have such a wonderful woman in your life!
And yes, you are an extremely cute couple!